Identity Dulagar, 2018 Materials: Rope, chains, flowers, photoshop Dimensions: 7647x4912 Often there are people who silently struggle with the enemy of depression. Going through the struggle often feels so constraining like there is no escape from the darkness. During the moment, you feel as if there is no light at the end of the tunnel. However, when the moment of depression goes away its like you can finally be free. When your not in depression, everything seems beautiful and bright. For this project I wanted to portray both the moment one is in depression versus when the moment of depression has passed. This is a important subject to me since this is something I've struggled with. Talking how depression, and mental health in general, is a topic that I feel is not addressed enough. Since the subject I chose is very important to me, I had to be the model in the ...
3D To 2D REVELATION, 2018 Materials Used: Adobe Illustrator, Identity image For this assignment, I wanted to revisit my Identity piece and expand further on the subject of depression. For this piece, I wanted to bring awareness to those who have/are struggling so I decided to make an awareness poster for the subject. I chose green as the background color since the color green is the awareness color. Also, I incorporated the date of when Mental Health awareness day starts. I vectored my identity piece to make a simple black figure with red chains to emphasize the struggle, and also red is an attention grabbing color. Identity Piece:
Memento Materials: Wood, fabric, and thread Dimensions: 5.5 x 2 in. For this project, we had to create a piece from a memory. I wanted to go with a precious memory that I hold close to my heart. When I was twelve I had a major surgery at Wolfsons Children's Hospital in Jacksonville. When I woke up, the first thing I saw was the window to my right shinning light down on the St.Johns river. This is such a vivid and important memory to me because it signifies the start of a new phase in my life. I chose wood as the firm foundation since this experience was solid and strong. I chose blue fabric to signify the water I saw when I woke up, and I chose gold thread to represent the sun shinning on the river. Research: http://www.circletrim.com/arched-curved-millwork.aspx http://foundations3ddesign.blogspot.com/2016/05/sarah-sommer-student-work.html https://www.artslant.com/ny/events/show/74580-recent-ceramic-sculpture?tab=EVENT ...
Comments
Post a Comment